As Las Vegas begins to prepare for it's amazing citywide event, Formula One Grand Prix in November 2023, there will be paving “waves” that need to be done for what will be the official track.
The first wave of the paving project, April - June, will focus on milling and paving.
The second wave, July - September, will focus on laying the final pavement.
Beginning at Sands Avenue on Sunday, April 2 with rolling lane closures on both the north and southbound lanes. The last wave of lane closures following final track paving is scheduled to end on Friday, September 15.
The following streets will have rolling lane closures on select dates for initial track paving:
• Sands Avenue: Sunday, April 2 - Friday, April 7
• Las Vegas Boulevard: Sunday, April 9 – Friday, May 19
• Harmon Avenue: Monday, May 22 - Friday, May 26
• Koval Lane: Sunday, June 11 – Friday, June 16
The following streets will have rolling lane closures on select dates for final track paving:
• Sands Avenue/Las Vegas Boulevard: Sunday, July 16 - Friday, July 21
• Las Vegas Boulevard: Sunday, July 23 – Friday, July 28
• Harmon Avenue: Sunday, July 30 - Friday, August 4
• Koval Lane: Sunday, August 13 – Friday, August 18
• Sphere Site/Sands Avenue: Sunday, September 10 – Friday, September 15
The bulk of the work will take place from 2am-10am (subject to change).
Please allow extra time for transportation in these areas.